Trainee Communications & PR
Who we are
CIFAL Flanders is the International Training Centre for Authorities and Leaders affiliated with UNITAR and located in Antwerp. CIFAL Flanders is one of the international training centers of the CIFAL Global Network, the principal training arm of the United Nations, with headquarters in Geneva. CIFAL Flanders is a centre of expertise on the SDGs offering trainings, project development and coaching.
Our mission is to promote peace, human rights & sustainable development, and the declarations, principles, and guidelines of the United Nations, with a focus on the Agenda 2030 and its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CIFAL Flanders conducts Action Learning training to empower leaders in society and to link theory to practice in national and subnational policies, local authorities, trade unions, civil society, academia, and businesses. Our organization is characterized by a wide range of impact-driven projects and activities.
Description of the traineeship
We are seeking a Trainee Communications & PR (m/f/x) to assist with the organization’s strategic and operational communication activities. The traineeship offers a learning opportunity in a small and motivated team for someone who is interested in Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility as well as in dealing with governments, companies, civil society, academici and the United Nations.
The candidate will be assigned the following tasks as a Trainee Communications & PR:
- Converting our core mission, throughout all our activities, into a communication strategy (both internal & external). You translate the strategy into goals and a communication plan with clear actions.
- Be jointly responsible for the strategic execution of CIFAL Flanders’ communication plan.
- Managing the website, the monthly newsletter, social media and other relevant communication channels.
- Some projects require an active marketing and/or communication approach in order to achieve their objectives. You support the project managers in setting up a successful strategy for their projects.
- Monitoring relevant news and keep a good overview of the sustainable development landscape.
- Assist staff with administrative and other tasks as needed.
Academic qualification: University degree preferably at Masters level or equivalent in Communication Management, Public Relations, (Digital) Marketing or in any other related field relevant to the themes addressed by the offer.
Work experience (not required, but is an asset): corporate social responsibility, business ethics, sustainability labeling systems, stakeholder management, company foundations; experience in organizing large events; experience in an international work environment.
Language skills: Excellent in written and spoken Dutch, good in written and spoken French and English. A native French speaker is a valuable asset.
Computer literacy: Knowledge of IT and database management (Mailchimp, Teamleader, Monday), website management (Wordpress), graphic design programs (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator), MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook).
Additional skills/requirements: Excellent written and oral communication skills, good organizational skills, proven ability to work in a multicultural environment, good team orientation, ability to multitask.
The traineeship is for the period July 2022-December 2022. The Flanders Trainee Programme assists with subsidies (more information through www.fdfa.be/ftp).
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Mathilde Van Caeckenbergh at [email protected]. The deadline for applications is 29 May 2022.
Please visit our website for more information.