Purpose of the function
The ambition of VVOB is to ensure that learners around the world enjoy their fundamental human right to quality education, without exception. In striving for that ambition, we place our values ‘commitment’, ‘integrity’, ‘respect’, ‘quality’ and ‘innovation’ central. As IT Advisor you contribute to this ambition and these values by being responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring all IT operations in the country. You ensure that VVOB IT processes and systems run smooth within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines.
You report to the Global Director of Finance. You are part of and work closely together with members of the finance team. Furthermore, you work closely together with the other departments at HQ and the offices in the countries.
- You set and operationalize the Global IT Strategy and Objectives: you provide advice and guidance in developing, implementing, and monitoring local VVOB IT policies, procedures, and practices.
- You coordinate all IT related matters; select and implement suitable technology to support operations, plan the implementation of new systems, oversee the technological infrastructure within the organisation, approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers. Furthermore, you ensure internet security and set up data privacy principles.
- You advise and support management and employees by analysing the costs, value, and risks of information technology.
- You keep abreast with new developments and latest research and thinking in IT and share new insights with partners and VVOB colleagues.
- You have a clear focus on data protection and privacy and advise and guide VVOB colleagues on this.
Your expertise & experience
- You have a master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- You have an in depth understanding of IT systems and infrastructure including java, HTML, Active directory and O365.
- You have good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Having a basic accounting knowledge and expertise with Navision and SQL is a plus.
- You are Fluent in English and Dutch.
- This position is under a national Belgium contract so open to candidates with a validated work authorization to work in Belgium.
If you are an enthusiastic candidate who recently graduated or has limited experience who wants to take up this challenge and gain a first experience in IT management in an international setting, we look forward to receiving your application. VVOB believes in competences and motivation of candidates and is ready to support junior profiles to develop their potential to the fullest.
What we’re offering:
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration.
- Salary according to salary scale A111 (cf. Flemish government), free travel to work with public transport, meal vouches, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance and an assistance insurance.
- An exciting job in a growing organisation with varied responsibilities.
- A dynamic and supportive environment enabling continuous professional development.
- The possibility to work 60% from home in order to align your work and private life in the best possible way.
Your motivation letter and a detailed CV are expected no later than October 11, 2023. Please use the webform to apply for this vacancy: https://www.vvob.org/en/werken/ind/it-advisor.
Shortlisted candidates will take a written test, go through an interview process and an assessment,
before a final offer.